Introducing Green Solutions
Making more sustainable choices is much easier when the facts are presented to you in a clear and relatable way. Therefore, we are now introducing Green Solutions.
What it is
Green Solutions is all about making it easier for our customers to be more sustainable. By opening up our archives and sharing our extensive knowledge on the subject, our customers can now easily identify which logistics options are more sustainable, which are most cost effective and which are fastest. As well as how each parameter would affect the others.
Our Green Solutions and it’s benefits
• Short sea shipping – Shipping by sea over shorter distances is a great way to cut your CO₂ emissions – and save money. Did you know, for example, that you will reduce your CO₂ by 70% (and your freight costs) if you choose to transport those skinny black jeans from Portugal to Stockholm by sea instead of by road? With almost no difference to your delivery time.
• Sustainable road freight – Our UK fleet of Euro Class 6 trucks is more fuel efficient, runs on biofuel, has lower CO₂ emissions and is equipped with monitoring and tracking technology, which in itself contributes to greater efficiency and sustainability.
• Rail freight – When sea shipping is not an option, due to time limitations for example, rail freight or a combination of rail and air freight are more sustainable than air freight alone. For example, an air freight consignment from China to Northern Europe consumes 139 tons of CO₂. Whereas by rail, that consignment would consume only 5 tons of CO₂.
• Multimodal solutions – Combining different transportation modes enables us to find the most sustainable option for each leg of the journey. Our intermodal solution is, for example, the best option when transporting goods to and from Turkey. With that particular solution, which involves rail and sea shipping, you can cut your CO₂e emissions by up to 56%.
• Less than container load (LCL) – Combining your cargo with other consignments to make up a full container load (FCL) is not only more convenient, it can also save you a lot of money. Not to mention the positive impact on the environment.
Read our latest blog article about Supply chain sustainability made easy with Green Solutions
If you’re interested in reducing your environmental impact and want help making more sustainable choices, let us know here and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Also read more about Green Solutions here
Customs / Quality & Environment
Phone: +46 31857922